The Rhine river cruises from The River Cruise Line provide travellers with a way to experience the culture and luxury of northern Europe. Travelling through six countries and running for 766 miles, the Rhine River is one of the longest and most important rivers in Europe. This waterway begins as a stream in the Swiss Alps before increasing in pace and volume on its way to the North Sea.
There are several River Cruise Line ships that cruise the Rhine. If you’d like to know more, you can read about the ms Serenity and the mps Lady Anne. A river cruise is the easiest way to experience everything the Rhine has to offer. Guests can indulge in unrivalled customer service and expertly planned itineraries on any of our ships. If a Rhine river cruise piques your interest, you might also enjoy our Dutch waterways and Danube river cruises.
A river cruise along the Rhine takes in the mountain slopes of Switzerland, the lush Rhine plains, the dramatic German river gorges, and the flat landscape of the Netherlands. Rhine cruises offer beautiful scenery and wonderful experiences all year round. You can visit Basel, Koblenz, Düsseldorf and Cologne — and these are just some of the beautiful cities that the Rhine carves through on its route. Rhine river cruises also offer the chance to explore the rich culture, history and architecture of northern Europe. To make sure you get the best deals, you may like to keep an eye on our late availability page, as we update it with new information on special cruise deals throughout Europe, including our Rhine river cruises.
Rhine River Cruises
9 days from £899
5 days from £459
8 days from £809
15 days from £1799
9 days from £899
10 days from £749
9 days from £749
9 days from £999
4 days from £399
4 days from £279
5 days from £319
5 days from £599
The Rhine travels through six countries, starting in the Swiss Alps and flowing into the North Sea coast in the Netherlands. It takes in diverse landscapes including medieval towns and villages on the river’s edge, and the narrow Rhine Gorge is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Along with being a river of beauty, it is also a major transport route through Europe. The Rhine is an extremely significant river in the continent’s past and present.
Discover the spectacular stories and beauty this magnificent river has to offer on one of the many River Cruise Line itineraries.
• In the summer months, enjoy the beautiful kaleidoscope of colour while you explore vineyards and historic towns on the Rhine’s banks.
• Join our Rhine in Flames cruise and witness the spectacular fireworks display in the Rhine Valley to celebrate the annual wine harvest.
• Discover the traditional German Christmas markets — their wonderful delicacies and cultural pageantry.
• At every turn along the river, visit the enchanting castles, steeped in history and folklore.
• Aside from stunning views from the ship, you can gain the perfect vantage point over the Rhine from the Koblenz Cable Car, which takes you high up to the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress.
• Explore the famous Drosselgasse in Rüdesheim, with its fabulous atmosphere in the wine and beer taverns.
This attractive flowery town has been coveted by warriors and merchants since its founding by the Romans in 11 BC.
Bonn has a history of more than 2000 years and is the birthplace of the famous composer, Beethoven
This quaint little town is filled with, winding lanes and half-timbered houses, centred around its small Marktplatz and dominated by Marskburg castle.
The city of Cologne, dominated by its famous Gothic cathedral is a major cultural centre of the Rhineland.
Düsseldorf’s famous Old Town is a great place to explore with its many taverns and restaurants along a single street.
Königswinter features magnificent views from the Drachenfels which translates to "Dragon's Rock".
Broad, open squares, lovingly-restored half-timbered houses and magnificent Baroque churches give Mainz an old world charm.
The attractive town of Rüdesheim is the perfect example of a Rhine Valley town, with narrow cobbled streets and half timbered buildings.
- Rhine Cruise & Swiss Delights 2017
- Rhine Discovery 2017
- Rhine in Flames 2017
- Up the Rhine & Down the Danube 2017
- Bavaria & the Romantic Rhine 2017
- German Christmas Markets 2017
- Cruise the Rhine to Switzerland 2017
- New Year Rhine Cruise 2017
- Christmas Rhine Cruise 2017
- Captain's Rhine Valley Turkey & Tinsel 2017
- Best of the Rhine & Moselle 2017
- Rhine & Moselle Explorer 2017
- New Year Rhine Cruise 2017
The beautiful city of Strasbourg is filled with architectural and historical heritage, with the entire centre classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The capital of Hesse – this spa town is renowned for the healing effects of its 26 thermal springs which draw visitors from near and far.
One of Germany’s oldest towns, Worms has legendary tales to tell and has played a pivotal role at various moments in European history.